Sump pump question/verification

mardi 4 août 2015

Hello, folks. We've had some heavy rain in bursts over the last week or so in my area. When I went downstairs last night, I heard the sump pump motor running steadily, and what I can only describe as a "sucking" sound, as if the pump was taking in a combination of air and water simulatenously. I unplugged the pump, left it off for several minutes, plugged it back in, and it picked up right where it left off. I then unplugged it for 2 hours, and when plugging it back in, the motor reengaged, and after several minutes of running, the sucking sound came back. So, having no threat of rain, I unplugged the pump for the night. Fast forward 8 hours, I plugged the pump in first thing this morning, and it didn't turn back on. Normally, I'd think this was a good thing, but I'm too cautious to believe that. My sump pump has a sealed cover over it, so I can't really see what's going on down there. Any advice as to how I can test? Is it conceivable or even likely that unplugging the unit for 8 hours could have reset/remedied this problem? I really don't know that much about these things, so appreciate any feedback that could help.

Thank you!


Sump pump question/verification

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire