Is this a fireable offense?

dimanche 2 août 2015

Hi,

I work for a big 4 auto maker in the detroit area. I also have a side project related t a personal interest ( a website I am building) and will occasionally work on that from my work computer during business hours (stupid, stupid, I know,not doing it ever again). My manager recently looked at my screen ( I had left a screen sharing session on and was answering a non-work email related to my project from my work computer). He called me in and asked me to "come clean" with him and tell him if I was doing other work during work hours. I said that I occasionally answered some personal emails. He said that it seemed like "You got something going on the side". I said that someone was building a website for me and I was just responding to a quick question from that guy. He said that, if I am ever doing something like that again,I should turn the "d$$$med screensharing off"so he or nobody else sees it.

This happened on Monday 7/27/2015. On Wednesday 7/27/2015, I had my semi-annual review with him and he gave me only work realted review. Some positive and some areas for required improvement. When I asked if we needed to further discuss the Monday incident, he said he did was "done with that"

My question is:Can I be fired over this? How likely is it that I will be walked out in the next coming weeks? Thanks for aswering


Is this a fireable offense?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire