Can I add my husband to my daughter's birth certificate?

mercredi 5 août 2015

Here's the store; when my daughter was born the bio dad never signed the birth certificate, acknowledgement of paternity, or even paid child support. Since day 1 he has never been there. I never took him to court for child support and I now have no contact with him or even have the slightest idea where he might be. That was 5 years ago and I am now married and my husband and I have been talking about putting him on the birth certificate so he could legally be his in case anything was to happen.
We were told that as long as none of those things were completed than it should be no problem amending it. We were also told that after 5 years of no communication, no visitation, and no financial support then the bio dad has legally abandoned the child and this would help because now we don't have to ask him to sign away his rights.
I need to know if this info is correct.


Can I add my husband to my daughter's birth certificate?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire