Tax on Foreign Earned Income

vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Hi

I have a job offer in Munich and I am trying to determine my tax liability as a US citizen working in Germany. Assume that income is $150K. Now I know I can exclude, $100K (or something around that as it is foreign income). But for the rest I need to pay taxes and my tax bracket will be as if I made $150K not $50K. So far, I think my understanding it right.

Now, for the taxes on the remaining $50K, I will be paying taxes in Germany. To avoid paying taxes twice, I think I can also use Foreign tax credit in addition to the exclusion.

My question is, if German tax rate is at least as high as US, due to foreign tax credit my liability should come out to 0. right? I totally understand I have to file taxes no matter where I am but I am trying to understand how bad I could be hit by IRS due to these taxes. Am I missing anything? Really appreciate it.


Tax on Foreign Earned Income

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire