Mystery Toe pain

jeudi 26 mars 2015

My daughter who is 14 (almost 15) started to have "mystery" pain in her right big toe. We started at the walk in clinic a few months ago and he thought he felt a bump on her toe but after xrays everything was fine. He recommended a podiatrist. I should note that my daughter said she had this pain on and off for a few months prior to this visit.

So we went to the podiatrist the next day and again they could not find anything wrong with it. He put her in a boot which she did not wear as her high school has a lot of stairs and the pain is not unbearable. Also during this visit I made casual mention on my mothers feet and her issues due to her rheumatoid arthritis. After that comment the doctor decided to only focus on rheumatoid arthritis. She has NO other symptoms. He gave us steroids to try and ordered a rheumatoid test and that was it. I have still not done the test because I feel she does not have any other issues at this time. This was about a month and a half ago.

About 2 weeks after this appt (when the steroids were wearing off) I made another appt with a different doctor. As we were waiting the for the appt I had a thought about her toe. My husband does a lot of metal working in our garage and we have all had metal slivers in the past. I remembered her thinking she had one in the general area where she was having problems but we never found it. So my husband and I started re-examining her foot. When we went to her next foot dr appt he dug on her toe and he thought (there was some blood) that he got out a microscopic metal sliver.

THat was about a month ago. Her toe started to heal and actually felt better. I had made a follow up appt that was for this last Tuesday. I almost canceled it because she was better but over the weekend her toe started to hurt again. This time it was on the opposite side but still the same toe. When we went back to the dr that had dug out the alleged sliver he decided from a podiatrist point of view there is nothing else he can treat her for as he feels that there is nothing wrong with her toe. He then brought up that we should see an internal medicine dr and brought up the possibility of fibromialga, Lupus, Rheumatoid, Internal bleeding, Vitamin deficiency among other things. He then prodded her IMO asking if she is tired a lot and she said yes. OF COURSE SHE IS SHE IS A TEEN. But she is not too tired to do stuff with friends, look nice for school ect. She also wakes up at 5:30 am daily. She has ZERO other joint pain and no other symptoms. I do not want to go thru tons of bloodwork that I feel is not going to help a toe that hurts. Also I should add that both podiatrists we saw only touched her toe for like 10 seconds and spent no time moving or actually re-examining it. And when she bends her toe it now makes a popping sound and feeling. THis is kind of new although she remembers it happnening before. It isn't necessary painful just weird feeling. The dr stated that it's just a tendon and it's fine.

So I took her yesterday to a Chiropractor. She told me her foot/toe actually feels really good and she can feel no joint issues in her toe. She was at a loss too other than maybe she stepped wrong and hurt it and it just keeps reinjuring. She did wrap her foot a little to keep it slightly compressed to see if that helps. I also asked her if maybe my daughter could have an infection in her toe from the metal (the actual dr would not entertain this theory becuase her toe is not red or swollen) She said she did not know as it did not look infected but maybe she has one by her bone. She was just tossing around ideas with me becuase we are all at a loss on this.

My daughter said that it feels better when she wears shoes vs being in socks which makes sense. Also it does not hurt all the time only when she steps and puts pressure on it. I have looked all over the internet for ideas and have found none. I am hoping someone here might be able to give me some insight. THanks in advance!!!





Mystery Toe pain

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire