Possible re-injury after surgery

jeudi 26 février 2015

Hi! In October I had Posterior Tibial Tendon Transfer surgery. I was in a cast for 2 months after that and started physical therapy right away. I progressed well in physical therapy and my pain level was not bad at all once I got over the initial few weeks right after taking the cast off. About 2 weeks ago, while in physical therapy, they decided to progress me further and had me balancing on my "bad" foot while throwing a weighted ball back and forth with the physical therapist. I lost my balance and stepped back with my "good" foot to keep from falling and I both felt and heard my inner ankle joint area crack, and it was very painful. For the next week after that it was very painful in that area every time I moved my foot, and after a week it started feeling a little better every day. It is about 2 weeks later and I am still having issues with it. Usually by the end of the day it is swollen in that area, and any time I move my foot inward it will pop or crack and that is very painful. Do you think I re-injured the tendon, or is this something that will eventually go away on it's own? Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post!





Possible re-injury after surgery

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire