Injury around 5th metatarsal that isn't a fracture

mardi 30 décembre 2014

On Christmas I rolled my ankle and noticed pain and swelling on the outside of my foot. It was in the area where an avulsion or Jones fracture would be. I went to urgent care and got an x-ray. The doctor told me there was no fracture. From my research stress fractures sometimes won't show up until calcification has already begun so I asked if that may be the case. He said "unlikely" and advised me to continue the rice method and prescribed me a cam walker. I've been off of it with crutches for 5 days. The swelling is down to almost 0 and there's no pain anymore. So I'm just wondering if any injuries exist that would cause swelling/pain in the same area as a fifth metatarsal fracture?





Injury around 5th metatarsal that isn't a fracture

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire