Where to go for help-Plantar fasciitis and shoes

lundi 24 novembre 2014

Hi,



I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of the right professionals to give me some advice.



I am a 44 year old man in the UK. I have had pain in the feet for at least the last 20 years. The soles of my feet become swollen and sore in hot weather, I get pain around the ball of my left foot and I get pain in right ankle. I was diagnosed with pas cavus (high aches) by the Soft Tissue Injury Dept at my local hospital, which in turn has caused plantar fasciitis in my left foot. Also connected I think, is I get very stiff in my left leg and buttock when walking or standing for more than ½ hour, and I need to stand down and stretch the leg out.



The pain is n’t a sharp one, more of an ache or soreness, but does make walking long distances or standing a long time very unpleasant.

The treatment I have so far is 2 sessions of physiotherapy and 3 pairs of orthotics. None of these have worked for me.



I think the main problems are that the orthotics were made just by taking a mould of my feet, and not by looking at the way I walk. I also have very narrow heels, so it is very difficult to find shoes on the high street that fit me correctly. I think the problem with shoe fitting could be a large contributor to my problems, if my feet are “gripping” on to shoes that are too big. In fact I am seriously considering having some bespoke shoes made.



What I need, is to get some independent advice about my feet and the shoes I wear. I’m wary of a lot of podiatrists etc as they are likely to want to sell me new orthotics. Ideally, what I want is:



• a full examination of my feet and any long term damage that has been done

• advice on the type of shoes to wear and perhaps a “prescription” I could take to a shoemaker

• programme of physiotherapy or exercises to alleviate the pain or improve the flexibility of my arches.



I would be grateful for any advice, hints or tips.



Thanks,



Andrew





Where to go for help-Plantar fasciitis and shoes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire