Adolescent foot pain (Styloid Process)

dimanche 30 novembre 2014

My 11 year old daughter has been complaining of foot pain. I originally thought she may have just gotten stepped on in basketball, however upon further examination I noticed a pretty large protrusion on the outside of her right foot. It is quite painful to the touch and hurts when walking/running. Researching this online it sounds fairly common at this age and also the presence of the growth plate in that area. My question is how do you know if you need to have it x-rayed? Some sites suggest taking a break from the sporting activity, but in the thick of basketball season, that is unlikely. I am worried that continued use may be making the problem worse. I also don't really want to go to the doctor if not needed. Thanks. What do you recommend?





Adolescent foot pain (Styloid Process)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire