Pregnant & needing advice!

mercredi 24 juin 2015

Hello everyone,

I have recently found out I am 8 weeks pregnant. I had to leave work because I worked in a dementia unit where many residents were very violent. Also, it is a common place for illness, especially the norovirus, which I recently recovered from having before I knew I am pregnant. I also weren't allowed to lift heavy residents anymore either.

Anyway, I do want to work, as I need the money, so I have applied for everywhere possible within a 30 mile radius as I have to take the train because I don't drive. I am trying my hardest to find a job, I am just waiting for replies etc and I live in a very small town so it is hard to find them easily. I applied for job seekers allowance (I live in the UK), but I have been refused any money because I chose to leave work for the safety of myself and the baby. So now I am looking at going months without getting any money at all until I manage to get a job. How am I meant to buy food now? Am I meant to starve because I care about my baby and don't want to be constantly hurt at my previous job like I was nearly every shift? Is there anyway around this? I can appeal but it would take too long to be sorted and I have little money as it is to last until then.

The benefit centre have sent a letter asking work why I left too, but I'm not sure if they'll tell them the truth about how the residents are and I can't talk to my work about it either.

I am nearly 22 years old and really enjoy working. I just wanted help from the government to find a more suitable job while I'm pregnant such as retail or waitressing etc. But they treat me as though I'm another job seeker who doesn't want to work. I'm so upset, I'm trying not to get too stressed about it either. Any advice would help so much, thank you for reading :)


Pregnant & needing advice!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire