Streaming Video Keeps Freezing on PC

mardi 30 juin 2015

I'm trying to catch up on some missed TV episodes on the USANetwork.com. Every few minutes the picture freezes, while the "circular loading arrow" rotates, sometimes for several minutes. My internet download speed is over 21Mbps. It's a Windows 7, 64 bit machine, with 16GB of RAM.

From what I can tell in Task Manager, the problem is the CPU maxing out at 100%. The only 2 Processes that are using any significant processor power are Firefox and Adobe Flash Player, both of which seem to be needed to play the video.

It works fine on my 2nd PC with similar specs, where the CPU runs between 25-40%. The memory usage for these 2 processes is about the same on both PCs.

I read about "Re-Buffering" and have experienced that on YouTube videos, etc. where the buffer progress bar is just ahead of the video play progress bar. (Sorry, but I don't know the correct terminology here). This USA Network streaming video doesn't "seem" to have a buffer at all. At least I can't see one in the progress bar, even on pause.

I'm not sure if I have an actual problem, or just not enough processor power/speed to play these videos.

Any suggestions..? This is incredibly irritating to watch.

Thank you all.


Streaming Video Keeps Freezing on PC

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire