3rd floor laundry room

samedi 27 juin 2015

Here's my problem: I moved into a new townhouse where the laundry room is on 3rd floor. My washer/dryer are stacked, one above the other. About 2 feet above ground behind the machines, is my electrical outlet for the washer. A foot above that is the electrical outlet for the dryer. Two feet above that (approx 5 feet off the ground), are the cold/hot water taps and the drain for the dirty water, all aligned. In order to accommodate the plumbing I've had to purchase an extender tube for the drain tube. I bought it directly from the manufacturer, so it's not generic.


I was having trouble with my washing machine as it appeared to be leaking from the drain just out of the machine. I called the manufacturer and got an appliance technical to come out. He advised that a) the taps, etc. are plumbed too high, and b) that the extender tube (drain tube) was not installed properly; and after having tested the washer advised that this was why it was leaking. When I look at the set up I can concede that it does appear too long (it snakes) and I will get someone out to install it properly. Although I understand that the longer the tube the more pressure is required to expel the water, if it wasn't doable, why would the manufacturer produce an extender? When I look at the appliance's manual it clearly shows this extender tube going straight up




That being said I enquired if it had been plumbed to code, and the response I got from the plumbing association is that where the taps are situated are at the plumber's discretion. I can all the same, ask the builder to try to reconfigure the plumbing, but as it is to code, I cannot demand that they do so.


So, my question is how difficult would it be for me to have the plumbing reconfigured after the warranty period? I could chose to purchase a pedestal(which would serve no purpose, other than to decrease the length of the drain hose, as the door would be blocked by the lip of the laundry room). But I am open to suggestions, if you have any.


3rd floor laundry room

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire