On 1/20/15 I fell off my outside tile stairs when I missed the bottom stair and fell on my left foot wrong, it didn't bounce back, so I thought I tore my ligament only. Well, my husband wasn't home, I crawled back up, ( I was trying to get my dogs) and waited till the next day when he arrived. We called a foot/ankle specialist and he saw an avulsion fracture, and transverse fracture in my fifth metatarsal and a grade 2 atf tear in my ankle. He put me in a highly padded light fiberglass cast, non weight baring for 10 days, then fiberglass weightbaring cast after that. The X-ray didn't show any differences after the swelling was down. He told me I could start weightbaring as tolerated, I had a really wide, padded, supportive cast shoe. I started right way with about 25%. By 4 weeks, I was walking on my own with cast and that shoe. Every 3 weeks X-rays and new cast. He felt walking stimulated blood flow to the "jones and ankle area". I'm now at 8 weeks, it's slow healing but getting there, I'll probably have to wear this cast 2 more weeks, then let it finish healing in a cam boot. I keep reading how everyone was non weightbaring. That cast shoe was made by deRoyal and kept almost all pressure off my foot and I could get around. IF it delayed me a little, I'm okay with that, it was too hard for me otherwise to get around. Anyone else have this treatment course? My doctor seemed very progressive and very popular office.
8week follow up 5th metatarsal fracture
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire