Mirth Connect - Do destination channels 'branch' off or remain connected

jeudi 19 mars 2015

Hello. I have been using MIRTH for a few months and LOVE what I am able to accomplish with it. I have a question regarding a specific workflow that I employ. It is kind of complicated, so hopefully I can explain this properly.



I have a channel which receives ORU messages and then sends to multiple destinations. Each destination is setup as a Channel Writer and talks to one of four different channel readers. Without getting into too many specifics, here is what the destination channels do:



Channel Reader 1. Send ORU to PACS after running pre-processor script to 'format' message

Channel Reader 2. Writes file to FTP server

Channel Reader 3. Sends email alert

Channel Reader 4. Writes to a database



My question is this . . . Should the pre-processor which runs on Channel Reader 1 affect the message that flows through to the other Channel Readers? My assumption would be that it should not; i.e. the message going to each destination would be its own 'branch' and thereby not effect any of the other channels. However, I think the actual behavior appears to be different than what I expected. It seems that whatever transformations happen in Channel Reader 1 are then passed through to the other Channels. Is this the intended behavior of MIRTH?



I guess I can change the order of the destinations so that the transformations happen after the message goes to the other three channels, but I prefer to keep them in the order listed above.



I see a setting for synchronize channels (which is currently set to true). Would this have some effect on how the software behaves? Is the issue a result of using a pre-processor script to do these transformations.



I can attach channels if necessary, but I thought that maybe someone would know the 'general behavior' of Mirth and can answer this without seeing the specific channels.



Thank you.





Mirth Connect - Do destination channels 'branch' off or remain connected

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire